Questions For Your Provider
Talking Points for your Healthcare Provider
Before your appointment, list your medications and supplements. Take the list with you to your appointment
- Ask your physician to review the exact location, size and number of uterine fibroids. An MRI might be needed, and is the most comprehensive method for accurately identifying fibroid status.
- Rank your concerns and discuss available treatment options for each concern. (Example: Pain during intercourse, heavy menstrual bleeding, cramping, long periods, back pain, distended abdomen, fatigue, fertility, etc…)
- Is your provider skilled in the treatment option that you are considering. Research your providers thoroughly, and always seek a second opinion.
- Is watchful waiting a viable treatment option
- If you feel weak, is your hemoglobin at a safe level? Is lab work or possibly a transfusion needed?
- Ask for a referral to a fertility specialist if needed.
- Inquire about medical therapies.
- Ask if iron supplements or dietary changes are needed? Perhaps visit a nutritionist.
- Will you be prescribed medication(s)? Understand the function of the medication and potential side effects.