Marketing & Communications Intern
Communications & Marketing Internship (remote / unpaid)
The Fibroid Foundation (TFF) is seeking a Communications & Marketing Intern to support the Social Media Department. The Intern will also assist the Social Media Manager with directives as related to The Fibroid Foundations online programming. This position will report to the Social Media Manager. The internship can be taken for class credit and/or volunteer employment experience.
At the conclusion of the internship, the Intern will have strong working knowledge of what it takes to plan and execute marketing initiatives. The training and experience will be extremely hands-on; the Intern will be able to cite specific programs on their resume and include examples in their interview portfolios.
summer Program Details:
- Maximum of 20 hours/per week
- Program starts June 1, 2023 through December 2023
- Exposure to various business leaders and company initiatives
- Training and development workshops to build transferable business skills
- Projects are designed to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the healthcare Industry
- This is a non-paid internship
- Work with team in executing go to market campaigns including pr strategy and influencer outreach
- Assist in overseeing public relations and celebrities / influencer – working closely to communicate initiative details and shape messaging
- Assist with social media campaigns
- Collaborate on influencer strategies, work directly with talent to bring initiatives to life
- Work cross functionally with product teams to build strategy and messaging
- Assist our team on various event projects (estimated 11 programs total)
- Understanding of the health industry and how brand cut through in a crowded environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with partners
- Ability to self-manage, meet deadlines and complete tasks in timely manner
- Basic understanding of social media and relevant KPIs
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Team-oriented mindset
- Quick learner and curious about the healthcare industry
- Reliable, organized and possess excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Preferred: Proficient Microsoft Office, CRM, TikToc, Canva, Instagram, Facebook, OneDrive, and firm knowledge of internet navigation skills required.
- Ability to identify issues, analyze data, develop, recommend, and implement solutions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
If interested, please submit your resume or CV to [email protected].org with the subject “Communications & Marketing Internship 2023” and include your first and last name.